We are always on the look out for personnel to join our team of experienced professionals.
Engineers Job Role and Responsibilities :-
As a communications technician you would install, test and repair telecommunications, data communications, CCTV security and electrical systems, such as:
• fixed-line and mobile telephony networks
• copper wire and fibre-optic cabling
• minor electrical works
• analogue, digital and VOIP telephone systems
• wireless radio networks providing internet access via PCs, mobile phones and PDAs.
• security camera & door access systems
• Audio Visual, Conferencing, Projector and smart board Systems
Your work could vary in scale from setting up a full unified communications network within a large organisation, to the installation of home multimedia systems. Your work could involve:
• laying, connecting and testing voice/data/electrical building distribution cabling
• testing and repairing faults in private switching exchanges
• working with fully integrated telephone/computer/security & av equipment
• installing mobile and static antennae on buildings or masts
• designing, building and testing telecommunications, data communications and electrical components and equipment.
Hours of work :-
You would normally work 37 ½ hours per week from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. You may also have on-call duties to cover off-peak hours and emergencies.
Your work could be inside on production lines and on customers’ premises, or outdoors on a site. Some tasks involve working at heights.
Wage / salary :-
Details provided on application.
Specific Company Requirements :-
As you could be travelling from job to job, you may need a driving license. You will also be expected to have normal colour vision.
Training Related requirements:- Apart from in house training, the successful candidate will be expected to attend training courses provided by a major communications supplier and this may include moving from home for short intervals. It should be noted that the training provision is used to maintain our position in what is recognised as a rapidly changing sector, prompted by the continuous introductions of new technologies. It is not for the purpose of bringing people up to date with our present status, as this should be included in their past experience and previous training.
Present knowledge and qualifications :-
Skills and knowledge
• a methodical approach and attention to detail
• good problem-solving skills
• technical and practical skills
• good communication skills to explain technical matters clearly
• the ability to read technical drawings, cabling plans and circuit diagrams
• a willingness to keep up to date with new developments in technology
• good customer care skills
• the ability to work alone or as part of a team
• a reasonable level of fitness
• a knowledge of health and safety issues
Academic Qualifications :- will preferably include 4 GCSE’s grades A-C, in Maths, English Language and a Technical Subject or NVQ equivalents. Industry qualifications and training.
Prospects :- Promotion is geared to achievements and additional responsibilities. Based on the Company’s continued expansion and past history, it is envisaged that more senior posts will develop over the coming years. This is an opportunity for the right person to develop a career for themselves within what is a High-Tech Industry offering a bright future.